While researching for recipes that attempt to motivate kid’s to eat their vegetables, I stumbled on this quick and easy “VEGGIE PIZZA” listing that makes it fun by creating faces with the vegetables… Cute right?!?
Although my son is two, I thought it would be great for him to participate in the preparation. My hope being that he would eat something that he made…Personally, I didn’t plan on trying the pizza, but it was hard to resist. Surprisingly, it was VERY good. I think the Hidden Valley Ranch gave it the burst of flavor.
Did Xander eat it…he ate a couple of slices (with the veggies), which is a HUGE improvement!!! It’s SUPER easy, just follow the directions and enjoy:INGREDIENTS
- 4 whole wheat pita bread rounds (6-inch pitas work best)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing (as much as needed)
- Assortment of fresh vegetables pre-sliced and ready for use: rainbow carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, broccoli and olives)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the pita bread rounds on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce onto each pita round; sprinkle with cheese.
- Use the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing as the glue to add assorted vegetables to the pizzas. Take your time and create silly faces with the veggies.
- Bake the pizzas for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese melts.